Friday, November 28, 2008

Low down on the missions trip :]

I hope as you are reading this your all in good health and enjoying the wonderful holidays. I would like to just take a moment to tell you about an opportunity that God has blessed me with recently. There is an organization in my school called Meager Rations, and they are a mission’s organization. They do a lot of things for our school and the community. Each grade at Hope sponsors a child through Compassion International as a part of Meager Rations. One of the huge parts of this group is the mission trip they take each year to Ecuador. God has given me the opportunity this year to be a part of this trip and I am so excited. We get to visit all of the Compassion children that we sponsor, as well as work with two churches in Quito. We leave May 31, 2009 and return June 15, 2009.

As most of you know participating in any kind of ministry costs money and there is honestly no way that I can cover the total cost. The trip is roughly $2,000. If God puts it on your heart I would be sincerely grateful to receive your donations. However, considering the economy I understand that this can be a burden, but what we need most importantly is prayer. Please pray for our team, our leaders, and that God will prepare our hearts and the hearts of the Ecuadorians.

While I am in Ecuador I will be continually posting pictures and blogs!
As of now, I am in need of $150 dollars by December 19, 2008 to reserve my spot for this trip.

I am continually amazed by the way that God has blessed my life and given me opportunities like this. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I hope your year has been blessed.

If you want to send a check please email me for further detail!

No comments: